Subscribe to get stories, photos, & travel advice
Read the emails I typically only send my close family and friends
as seen in:
Connect with me here:
Get the same emails I send my friends and family (to let them know I’m not dead)
👋 Hello. I’m Josh Koerpel.
Me in 10 seconds:
- I am a digital nomad, journalist and photographer.
But that’s after a looong stint as an engineer and tall ship captain.
- I’ve kept people alive in the wilds of Alaska as a wilderness guide
- I’ve developed optical systems for low earth orbit satellites now used by NASA and the US Air Force
- For years I designed mechanical engineering solutions for clients like Disney, Cirque du Soleil and AC/DC
And theres been a few adventures along the way.
- I’ve been avalanched into a small Buddhist town called Kaza in Northern India as I rode to Tibet on a 350cc Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycle
- Shipwrecked in France on a 150 ft. 2-masted schooner named “Pride of Baltimore II”
- One of my favorite things? I got to conduct zero-gravity experiments in NASA’s ‘Vomit Comet’ – even got a shout out on NASA’s website
You’re going to make me dangerous?
I personally believe that “dangerous people” are those with the ability to make things happen. In a good way.
Dangerous people possess discipline — and discipline equals freedom.
Those people also have the confidence in knowing what to do, and how to do it. That’s exactly what these blogs posts are meant to do for you as a digital nomad. Give the the knowledge and teach you the skills to be disciplined, dangerous — and ultimately free.
So wherever you are in your journey, I can promise one thing.
I promise you will learn something here. And get the clarity and confidence to move to the next step.